Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cooking for One - Flat Bread Bakes


A few weeks ago, my friend Netters mentioned that she was having flat bread bakes with her family.  And then she mentioned it again about a couple of days later and included recipes.  So of course I had to try them.  Last night was the perfect opportunity for me because I was home alone and cooking for myself alone.  I went the easy route and bought premade flat bread, but it was still delicious!  My favorite way to top flat bread (homemade or otherwise) is to brush it with olive oil (garlic flavored is even better) then top with capocollo (or prosciutto if it's on sale) sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and feta cheese crumbles and a sprinkling of of ground mustard.  Delish!  By the way, it goes really great with a slightly chilled red wine like a Beaujolais.

Do you do flatbread bakes?  What are your favorite toppings?

1 comment:

Netters said...

I am just getting caught up on blog-reading. Glad you tried the flat bread. I am going to HAVE to try your variation. Sounds SOOOOOOOO good!

Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...