Monday, February 14, 2011

Good For One Day of Lovin'

It's a bad day for my male coworkers.  Especially the one who has horrible allergies to flowers.  Or claim allergies so they don't have to send their wives and girlfriends flowers. 

But it's a good day to be in love. 

(Friday night was too, because My Guy took me out for dinner and drinks.  Nice wine, shared shrimp & crab dip and a seafood orzo - delish!) 

I admit it.  I'm among those who still enjoy Valentine's Day.  I enjoy it because it's a day especially set aside for us to remind the people in our lives how much we love them.  I can hear some of you now.  We should show the love all year.  I know that.  That's why this year I made love coupons!

Previously, when I thought of the whole "good for one bear hug" kind of gifts, I thought I was being cheap.

Then I started assembling this year's present.  It started with the idea of having a cuddly movie night.  I had a coupon for a free plastic popcorn tub with the purchase of popcorn and candy so I bought those.  I threw in some comfy new loungy-pants, a six-pack of beer and My Guy was set for movie night in.  Then I thought - "what if he'd rather have the wine, cheese and candles kind of night?"  So I added a coupon for that option (as well as more appropriate attire).  Then I realized I had a bunch of ideas for ways to spoil My Guy on Lovey-Dovey Day! 

Then, gathering up leftover materials from scrapbooking, my finest red, pink and purple markers and crayons and adding to it a few stickers and embellishments I set to making my coupons.  Then I tucked them away into two envelopes, one marked "Naughty" and  "Nice".  The envelopes being with the nights described above, and include about a dozen more in each to choose from.  The whole thing cost me less than $25 and I honestly can't wait for him to open it.

As you can obviously tell, I wasn't thinking forward enough to take pictures of this project, so you'll have to take my word for how it turned out.  Instead I'll show you his more traditional gift to me, which was delivered as I wrote this
How and when are you celebrating the love?  Was it this weekend, today, or everyday?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...