Friday, February 19, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: Snack Time

Yes, I realize it's not Thursday but you know how the garbage man's schedule gets pushed back a day when there's a holiday during the week?  I think my blog was thus pushed back by President's Day.


Today's nugget of wisdom is brought to you by the letter "S" as in
Snacks:

and Self
because Self Magazine threw out a list of 30 Healthy Snacks and since I haven't been able to stop snacking this week, it seemed like a good idea to read it. 

Of the 30, my favorites include:
1/4 cup hummus, 3 carrot sticks (80 calories)
1/4 cup Trader Joe's Chili con Queso, 18 baked tortilla chips (140 calories)
2 tbsp Better 'n Peanut Butter, 4 stalks celery (124 calories)
1/2 banana rolled in 1 tbsp frozen semisweet chocolate chips (123 calories)
Hmmm.  I'm noticing a pattern in combo foods.  Maybe that's reason I also like the following things mixed together:
Chocolate Chips in my cookies
Vodka in my tomato juice
&
French Onion dip on my SunChips.

Okay, those last three were sadly not on the healthy list, but if I could limit myself to 200 calories of any of them, you know they would be!

What snack (naughty or nice) do you love?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...